Monday, January 7, 2013

"Dance With You" by Eugene "Hideaway" Bridges

I was driving along, listening to the "Bluesville" channel on SiriusXM, when they played a song, "Dance With You" by an unfamiliar artist named Eugene Bridges.  It sounded so retro that I figured it was just a cover of something turned out in the 60's by an R&B artist like Solomon Burke or even Sam Cooke.  But when I looked it up online, it appears to be an original.  I can't believe anyone is still creating songs like this anymore.  I couldn't find a file of the song itself to embed, but the song can be sampled and purchased on Amazon  ( http://www.amazon.com/Dance-With-You/dp/B004YFC9FQ ), iTunes, etc. Since the artist is somewhat obscure, I thought he deserved a little shout-out for helping to keep a genre alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment