Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mick Jagger and the Iron Lady Go Way Back

Sir Mick mentions in an interview that he had a couple of one-on-one chats with Margaret Thacher when she was PM, and in them, he reminded her that they had met when he was 10 years old. 

"But I reminded her that her first attempt at entering parliament was in Dartford, where I grew up.

I remembered her when I was ten or something and she was campaigning. She was called Margaret Roberts then.

‘She struck me as a peculiar politician. She was quite brittle. Most other politicians like to be liked."
Jagger says he was impressed by the Tory leader because she "didn’t change for anyone" and that he was "slightly surprised by all the people that were still so anti her and had all this residual resentment" after she died.

The article notes that Jagger's mother was an active member of the Conservative Party when he was young.



No comments:

Post a Comment