Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Couples Therapy

Sometimes in a long-term relationship, things get a little stagnant.  The old zip just isn't there and the couple gets a little bored.  One of the things that some couples try to liven things up is role reversal.  For example,

"I'm tired of being the regulator.  I'm always being the regulator."
"What do you mean? I thought you wanted to be the regulator.  You asked to be the regulator."
"I know, but you always get to be the risk-taking bank and I'm always the one saying no. I want to say 'yes' sometimes.  I want to know what that feels like sometimes. (coyly) Please let me. I'll make it worth your trouble."
"All right, but I don't know if I can be the regulator as good as you are."
"Try."
"All right. You go out of the room and come back in.  With your ... slides."


From Bloomberg, via Dealbreaker:

The Treasury Borrowing Advisory Committee, a group of senior bankers and investors whose chairman is JPMorgan’s Matthew Zames, gave a presentation to Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke this month in which they warned that the central bank’s policies may be inflating bubbles in speculative-grade bonds and other asset classes, according to people with knowledge of the discussions. Bernanke downplayed those concerns, the people said.


No comments:

Post a Comment